my rights in canada

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: my rights in canada
  hello there,
I am 24 years old and a graduate from England. I came to Canada when my mom married a man and at that time I was in college, so I qualified under the dependant category. My step dad sponsored the application.
I came to Canada in 2007 May shortly after graduating from England. I lived with my mother and her husband and the understanding was that I can stay with him whilst I am looking for a suitable job. In September I got a job that lasted for only 4 months since I had enrolled in a program at a college.
although my mother wants me to stay in the house, her husband is giving her grief since her arrival. He has been abusive to her on numerous occasions and when I interfered while he was swearing at her he said that he wants me out of the house.
I am just wondering since I came on a dependents visa, and I am currently dependent on my mother since I am not earning, do I have a right to live in this house, at least till the time I find a job?
Much appreciated

(in reply to: my rights in canada)

This is a free country, you have the right to live where ever you want.

Are you and your mom Permanent Residents?


(in reply to: my rights in canada)
you have a right to live where you want, but your step father also has a right to ask you to move out.
(in reply to: my rights in canada)
The house where you live is half your mothers but.... pushing that issue would cause grief to your mother so weigh your options.

Never make a decision in anger always wait until you´re in a position of power to negotiate.


Reply to the my rights in canada posting
Submission Code (SX3584) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration | Forever Living Products in Canada