Temporary Travel Document

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Temporary Travel Document
  I am very confused about the temporary travel document.
I have lived in Canada for the last 5 years but recently came back to Mexico for the last 6 months.
So i have the eligibility of Permanent Resident.
I applied for the new PR card before i left but did not recieve it in time.
Now I am told i have to go from Cancun to Mexico City where the Canadian Embassy is to apply for my temporary travel document, but it costs over $250 to fly there and back and seems pointless.
I have my landing document, mexican passport and canadian SIN card.
I would like to go back to Canada soon.
Can i get through US customs without the PR or temporary travel document?
What happens when i get to canada without either? Is there a fine? Do they take me to the side in a room at customs?
If no airlines will let me travel to Canada on their plane, and i have to get my temporary travel document from Mexico City, can i apply via mail, email or fax? Or do i have to travel there in person? Do i get the temporary travel document the same day i go to the embassy?
I don?t have very much money and rather not have to do things I don?t absolutely need to. Please help.

Reply to the Temporary Travel Document posting
Submission Code (SX27703) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration | Forever Living Products in Canada