PR in Canada and spouse visa in the U.K.

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: PR in Canada and spouse visa in the U.K.
  Hi. I am originally a Filipino citizen who just recently passed the interview for immigration to Canada. Presently, I´m still waiting for the issuance of my visa.
The thing is, my girlfriend (also a Filipino citizen) who is currently working in Thailand as an expat has just been accepted to work in the U.K. and was offered a 2-year contract and is due to start this coming November 2006.
When I arrive in Canada, I will just wait for my PR card to be released, then I plan to go to the U.K., marry my girlfriend and live with her temporarily until her contract expires; then go back to live permanently in Canada.
I have 2 questions:
1.) Is it possible for me to acquire a temporary spouse visa in the U.K. (assuming my wife has a working visa) while at the same time holding a PR status in Canada?
2.) Will I be able to work legally in th U.K. holding a temporary spouse visa?

Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

(in reply to: PR in Canada and spouse visa in the U.K.)

Ivan, I think that you will be allowed to work in UK.

Reply to the PR in Canada and spouse visa in the U.K. posting
Submission Code (SX1251) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration | Forever Living Products in Canada