Once a PR Visa is issued...

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Once a PR Visa is issued...
  My husband sponsored me for immigration to Canada, which I have been approved for. I have not yet submitted by passport for stamping because my husband and I are contemplating having him move to the U.S. temporarily since there are more job opportunities for us. If I submit my passport, will I be required to stay in Canada, or can I continue to visit my husband until we figure out who´s moving where?
(in reply to: Once a PR Visa is issued...)

You should submitt your passport as request, obtain your immigrant visa, land in Canada and become a Permanent Resident and then you can go back to the US. Technically you can land in Canada in the morning and go back to the US after lunch.

BUT in order to meet the residency requirements you have to live in Canada 2 out of 5 years to retain your PR status.

Reply to the Once a PR Visa is issued... posting
Submission Code (SX24208) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration | Forever Living Products in Canada