What's a easy way for us to marry

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: What's a easy way for us to marry
Me and my boyfriend are ready to get married. He is from russia and he has been living in canada for 3.5years. I am a canadian born and raised. I am not sure where to go for a marrige licence or if we have to be together for a certin amount of time. Is there any suggestions on how to go about this?
(in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
Marry at the City office and formalize it with all the legal documents. You can think about sponsoring him later. Don´t waste time!
For you, Sponsor (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)

The Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A);
the Sponsorship Agreement (IMM 1344B; must also be signed by the person you want to sponsor).
the Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481);
the Financial Evaluation form (IMM 5482) if he has dependent children.
the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540),
the Receipt (IMM 5401); $75

Additional documents

Copies of Birth certificate or certificate of Canadian Citizenship
Copies of Canadian passport
Bank statements & other evidence of assets declared
Notice of assessment

For your husband (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)

the Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 0008 Generic);
the Spouse / Partner questionnaire, if applicable (IMM 5490);
the Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476), if that person chooses to have a representative.
the Schedule 1 (Background / Declaration form);
the Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)


Additional documents

Birth certificate (Must be translated in English and notarized)
Marriage certificate
Divorce or adoption certificates, if applicable
Joint Bank statements
Copies of the first six pages of passports
Police clearance letter from each country where you lived for 6 months or longer, ORIGINAL. (People living outside Russia should apply to the Consular section of the nearest Embassy of Russia in the country of residence.)
RCMP fingerprint form (Comnetix at www.comnetix.com or Commissionaires at www.commissionaires.ca or call 1-877-322-6777)
4 colour passport size photographs (4.5 X 3.5)
Proof of correspondence such as e-mails or letters
Personal photographs before marriage with an explanation for the persons in the photographs
Proof of residency such as utility bills.
Reference letters from relatives or friends.
the Receipt (IMM 5401); $475

Corrections (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
For your husband

In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence and Schedule 1 Background/Declaration [IMM 5002 and IMM 5002 Schedule 1]
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking [IMM 1344A] Sponsorship Agreement [IMM 1344B]
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481]
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285] PDF, 112 KB
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] PDF, 55 KB
Medical Report Section A EDE/EFE [IMM 1017 SCL] PDF, 98 KB
Document Checklist [IMM 5443] PD

* The Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 0008 Generic) is to be used as a family class outside Canada.


Reply to the What's a easy way for us to marry posting
Submission Code (SX15752) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration | Forever Living Products in Canada