|Subject: What's a easy way for us to marry
|Me and my boyfriend are ready to get married. He is from russia and he has been living in canada for 3.5years. I am a canadian born and raised. I am not sure where to go for a marrige licence or if we have to be together for a certin amount of time. Is there any suggestions on how to go about this?
| (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
Marry at the City office and formalize it with all the legal documents. You can think about sponsoring him later. Don´t waste time!
|For you, Sponsor (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
• The Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A);
• the Sponsorship Agreement (IMM 1344B; must also be signed by the person you want to sponsor).
• the Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481);
• the Financial Evaluation form (IMM 5482) if he has dependent children.
• the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540),
• the Receipt (IMM 5401); $75
• Copies of Birth certificate or certificate of Canadian Citizenship
• Copies of Canadian passport
• Bank statements & other evidence of assets declared
• Notice of assessment
|For your husband (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
• the Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 0008 Generic);
• the Spouse / Partner questionnaire, if applicable (IMM 5490);
• the Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476), if that person chooses to have a representative.
• the Schedule 1 (Background / Declaration form);
• the Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
• Birth certificate (Must be translated in English and notarized)
• Marriage certificate
• Divorce or adoption certificates, if applicable
• Joint Bank statements
• Copies of the first six pages of passports
• Police clearance letter from each country where you lived for 6 months or longer, ORIGINAL. (People living outside Russia should apply to the Consular section of the nearest Embassy of Russia in the country of residence.)
• RCMP fingerprint form (Comnetix at www.comnetix.com or Commissionaires at www.commissionaires.ca or call 1-877-322-6777)
• 4 colour passport size photographs (4.5 X 3.5)
• Proof of correspondence such as e-mails or letters
• Personal photographs before marriage with an explanation for the persons in the photographs
• Proof of residency such as utility bills.
• Reference letters from relatives or friends.
• the Receipt (IMM 5401); $475
|Corrections (in reply to: What's a easy way for us to marry)
For your husband
• In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence and Schedule 1 – Background/Declaration [IMM 5002 and IMM 5002 Schedule 1]
• Application to Sponsor and Undertaking [IMM 1344A] Sponsorship Agreement [IMM 1344B]
• Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481]
• Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285] PDF, 112 KB
• Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] PDF, 55 KB
• Medical Report Section A — EDE/EFE [IMM 1017 SCL] PDF, 98 KB
• Document Checklist [IMM 5443] PD
* The Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 0008 Generic) is to be used as a family class outside Canada.